Assessment for a history of incontinence includes the following:
- Frequency and pattern of incontinence.
- Client’s awareness of the urge to void, and behaviours exhibited when needing to void.
- Motivation to be continent.
- Fluid intake.
- Frequency of bowel movement.
- Medical/surgical history.
- Functional ability.
- Environmental barriers.
- Presence of urinary tract infection.
- History of urinary tract infection.
- Identification of client goals/motivation.
Promoting Continence Using Prompted Voiding
Point of Care Resources