7.1 Professional, regulatory and union bodies for Health-care professionals should:
- Educate all Health-care professionals regarding the management and mitigation of conflict in Health-care teams; Develop competency standards for managers and leaders that clearly reference and prioritize conflict management;
- Incorporate conflict management and mitigation in all applicable policies, standards, guidelines and educational resources;
- Minimize role ambiguity by creating standards that clearly define and distinguish roles and responsibilities of various Health-care professionals;
- Collaborate with policy makers to ensure priority and funding is dedicated to conflict research and interventions to support conflict mitigation and management in all Health-care settings;
- Partner with Health-care and academic organizations to evaluate applicable policies, standards, guidelines and educational resources; and
- Advocate for research standards, accreditation, education, policies and resources to address conflict in the workplace.