• Insulin in use is stable at room temperature for one month (check company monograph for temperature range).
• Store insulin away from direct heat and sunlight.
• Keep extra cartridges or vials of insulin in the fridge. When refrigerated, unopened insulin is good until the expiry date.
• DO NOT FREEZE INSULIN.
• Always check the expiry dates.
• Do not use your insulin if:
• Clear insulin is not clear.
• Cloudy insulin clumps and/or does not mix properly.
Store pre-filled syringes in the fridge, with needle tips up. They are stable for 1 month.
Roll end-to-end several times prior to use to re-suspend the insulin.