- The current evidence was insufficient to recommend any one pain assessment tool for individuals with leg ulcers
- A two-step pain assessment process might be useful in practice:
- The assessment should include a self-report related to the presence and level of pain
- In situations where pain is present, a more comprehensive assessment of the quality of the pain should be conducted
- For details regarding comprehensive pain assessment and management, refer to the RNAO nursing best practice guideline Assessment and Management of Pain.
Risk Assessment and Prevention of Pressure Ulcers
Point of Care Resources