The nurse reflects on the following when engaging the client:
- What are his/her own perceptions?
- What is the client’s addiction history?
- What is the client’s mental health history?
- What are the client’s goals for treatment?
- Understands the client's perceptions of treatment
- What does the client know about addiction and treatment choices?
- Has the client previously sought treatment?
- What type of program was it?
- What was the outcome?
- What is the client’s social situation?
- Food security
- Social supports
- History of criminality
- What are actual and perceived barriers to treatment?
- Finances/ insurance
- Other addictions
Addiction and Mental Health
Supporting Clients on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
Point of Care Resources