Tips for Ensuring the Holistic Needs of Clients are Part of Their Treatment Plan
- Is there documentation of a comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessment?
- Is there evidence of physical, emotional and psychosocial issues related to drug use?
- What is the client’s perception of her/his health?
- Is there a comprehensive treatment plan for the client, and has the client had input into the plan?
- Are there strategies included in the plan to address the determinants of health that are exacerbating the problem?
- Is there a mechanism in place for collaborative care with mental health services (including crisis intervention, primary health care, community, corrections/justice, public health/infectious diseases/communicable disease control) and other service providers (housing specialists, etc.)?
Addiction and Mental Health
Supporting Clients on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
Point of Care Resources