- Documentation should be completed after administering any medication
- Documentation of methadone administration is guided by the same legal requirements as for other narcotics
- Nurses must sign for all administered doses and take home doses
- Any missed doses must also be clearly documented and communicated to the prescribing physician.
- Nurses must follow the policies of the organization with which they are employed
Addiction and Mental Health
Supporting Clients on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
Point of Care Resources