1. The client is clinically stable based on:
- elimination of drug and alcohol use based on urine toxicology screens;
- stable methadone dose;
- emotional stability;
- stable housing, employment and/or a stable support system in place; and
- adherence to the methadone treatment agreement and program policies.
2. The client had been on methadone for a minimum of two months.
3. The client is able to safely store their methadone in a locked box.
Addiction and Mental Health
Supporting Clients on Methadone Maintenance Treatment
Point of Care Resources