- To enable clients to become as independent as possible, nurses need to not only communicate effectively but they also need to apply the principles of adult learning within their practice.
- Adult learning principles are as follows:
- Adults learn best when they perceive a need to learn
- Adults learn best using active participation
- Adults require opportunities to practice new skills
- Adults need the behaviour reinforced
- Teaching of adults should progress from the known to the unknown
- Teaching of adults should progress from simpler concepts to more complex topics.
- Immediate feedback and correction of misconceptions increases learning.
Care and Maintenance to Reduce Vascular Access Complications
Client and Family Education