Components of a safety plan may include
- having access to information and resources such as crisis line contact telephone numbers, legal and medical services, emergency shelters, and mental health services;
- talking to someone trustworthy about concerns;
- reviewing the living situation (e.g., how to leave, where to go, temporary living arrangements);
- having (and hiding) a bag with documents, supplies and contact information ready to take if leaving home suddenly (e.g., money, important papers, and documents extra clothes and medicine); and
- making arrangements for the care of pets, and maintaining the home, finances, and medical appointments.
Preventing and Addressing Abuse and Neglect of Older Adults: Person-Centred, Collaborative, System-Wide Approaches
Point of Care Resources