- Information relating to ulcer history should be documented in a structured format.
- Information collected should include the following:
- The year first ulcer occurred.
- Site of ulcer and of any previous ulcers.
- Number of previous episodes of ulceration.
- Length of time taken to heal in previous episodes.
- Length of time with no recurrence of ulcers.
- Past treatment methods (both successful and unsuccessful).
- Previous operations on venous system.
- Previous and current use of compression hosiery.
Assessment and Management of Venous Leg Ulcers
Point of Care Resources