- Multi-component aspects of restraint prevention:
- Support of administration and leadership;
- Review of seclusion/restraint incidents;
- Education of staff, client/family/SDM;
- Consultation with appropriate interprofessional team members;
- Early detection and identification of clients’ risks;
- Reinforcement of the client’s appropriate responsive behaviours;
- Group programming; and
- Individualized plans of care.
To see an example of safety plan interventions click here.
Promoting Safety: Alternative Approaches to the Use of Restraints
Point of Care Resources